Personal Injuries Accredited Specialist
Leeha’s experience and expertise is wide and varying. For more than 25 years now, she has represented clients from many backgrounds, occupations and industries, including everyday individuals, trade unions, community and not-for-profit organisations, and professional bodies Australia-wide. Leeha does not just specialise in compensation law; she specialises within compensation law, with special focus in relation to fatal and catastrophic injury, complex and complicated injuries, workplace health and safety, psychosocial hazards and occupational cancer.
Passionate about firefighter cancer compensation and helping first responders, Leeha assisted the Firefighters Cancer Foundation of Australia (FCFA) at the Queensland Parliamentary Committee hearings in 2015, helping to successfully argue for the introduction of presumptive cancer legislation for all firefighters, including firefighting volunteers.
Leeha has been an active and engaged member of the Queensland Law Society Torts and Personal Injury Law Committee since 2012, advocating for change and improvement in the practice of compensation and insurance law in Queensland and fighting for people’s rights and entitlements.
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law, Queensland Law Society, 2006
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland, 1998
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia, 1998
- Member of the Queensland Law Society Professional Misconduct Committee, since 2021
- Member of the Queensland Law Society Accident Compensation / Tort Law Committee, since 2012
- President, Bayside Community Legal Service, since 2019
- Non-Executive Director, Sunwater, since 2021
- Queensland Law Society, Practice Management, 2004
- Bachelor of Laws, QUT, 1998
- Bachelor of Arts & Humanities (with Honours) majoring in Australian Politics and Media Production, Griffith University, 1992.